I joined Renaissance in the middle of the Cata expansion and at that time I was leaving a hardcore guild looking for a more social and casual one. I actually interviewed Okeret asking him a number of questions about the environment and members before asking him if I could join the guild because I wanted to find a good fit in a social and fun and friendly group of people who liked to play WoW.
I left my old guild a number of the more social and less hardcore
members followed me to Renaissance. For the first few months things were
awesome. I talked my real life friends (including your current GM) and
family into joining me on Baelgun in Renaissance and became an officer
in the guild because I believed I had found the guild I'd been seeking.
the release of Pandaria came a focus on growing the guild and adding
more raiders as well as more casual players. At that time I was very
clear in the officer's meeting that I thought we needed to identify the
type of guild we wanted to be because a rift occurs in a social guild
when raiders start coming in. I was concerned that we needed a clear
vision before we recruited so that we didn't accidentally bring in
players who would not fit in with our more casual existing membership. I
was told not to worry about it and was given tasks to do to help
recruitment, make the guild more social and keep everyone as
happy-go-lucky as they had been just a few months earlier.
met a lot of resistance in officer's meetings and in the guild from new
and returning founding members of the guild. I also really wasn't in
love with the content. I felt like we were going in a bad direction in
the guild and like I was contributing to making Renaissance a place I
really didn't want to stay. I drifted away and quit playing rather than
keep doing a thing I didn't believe would work or leaving the guild I'd
talked my friends and family into joining with me.
the release of Draenor I returned. Okeret had let me remain an officer
and again the focus of our first officer's meeting was an effort to grow
the guild. I talked to other officers and again tried to explain that I
felt like we needed an identity for the guild before we could recruit
for new members. I felt like I was treated like I was borrowing trouble
and that because I'd left and hadn't been helping in the guild during
the time I was gone I didn't really know what I was talking about or
have any say in where we were going or what we would be doing. I also
really didn't like some of the changes in the expansion and was being
shot down or treated poorly in guild chat when I asked for help. As the
tension in the guild and in the officer's meetings continued to grow and
my enjoyment of playing the game diminished I left again. This time
entirely. I didn't even pay my subscription fees. I quit WoW. I honestly
and truthfully had no intention of returning.
And I REALLY missed the game.
this new expansion came out I returned and discovered that the guild
was even quieter and more distant. It had become a guild of players with
their heads down and their eyes on personal quiet little prizes that
mattered to them. I got feedback almost immediately that I had been
really missed and that my positive and social attitude had been lacking.
I was asked by the new leadership of the guild to step up and bring the
social back to a guild that was hurting for it.
Anpu asked me to become the social heart of the guild I was VERY clear
that Renaissance is NOT a social guild... it has not been a social guild
since the end of the Cata expansion. Renaissance is a quiet place for
familiar people to do their own things with other people doing their own
things, occasionally with other people who need the same thing, and
still mostly alone. I was begged please to step up and try to bring back
the heart of a fun guild.
I tried, I really did.
met constant and very vocal resistance or interference from the same
individuals who had been the issue before and had no interest from the
guild in anything remotely social. I posted 5 events to the guild
calendar and even the other officers were unable or disinterested in
attending. It was clear to me that the guild was happy the way it was
and that trying to change it was only going to cause problems.
took a look at things and realized I'd spent more time not playing than
playing since I'd joined the guild because I didn't even like it
anymore. I also realized that this time I like the expansion enough that
I have no intention of leaving the game so I quit the damned guild like
I should have done a long time ago.
My boyfriend Jon and I turned a bank alt guild into Yayifications,
a *Casual Adult Social Guild. This is a guild for friends and family
and stands for the things we want it to stand for. I miss some of you
too much not to invite you to come and play with us.
So all of that to get here...
If you would like to join Yayifications
and play because we're friends and we want to play together then please
go to our link (click the word Yayifications above) and read the
information on the front page of the guild page and the note from the
GM. If I shared this link with you myself you will become a member of
the guild immediately because you're already a friend and I miss playing
with you. If this has been passed to you, please apply and note who you
know in the guild for an invite.
remember, Yayifications isn't a Progression Guild or a Raiding Guild or
a PvP guild or any of the other types of guild... we're just a group of
friends and family who play WoW.
I miss ya, a lot. Even if you don't want to join Yayifications I'd still like to play with you so please message me on RealID.
= Maybe you played WoW today, maybe you played something else or
had a life. You're still a friend so you're still in the guild. Haven't
seen me in awhile? Call me or message me in real life, you know I'll do
the same with you.
= Members are old enough to vote and use adult language and decision
making skills - this isn't an invitation for adult content.
= We are in a guild to play together, not because we're forced to
interact with others in order to get to our end-game goals. I must add
that this doesn't mean every time we're online we're doing a thing
together, it means that when we are playing together it's because we
want to be not because we have to be or are in some weird way obligated
Guild = Another word for a club, group, or society. A group of people who have joined together in pursuit of a common interest.
27 October 2016
26 October 2016
and other stuff.
So I haven't been online much so I haven't been recruiting much for Yayifications. I thought "I can do retail..." and I'm right. I totally can do retail. I can take the face-to-face like no one I've ever known... even when they're REALLY ugly with me... and the register and counting money and making sure to keep all the rules in mind? I'm a pro.
Standing on my feet all day? Not so much. Period. End. I am actually having to quit the job because the pain level I'm at by the time I leave work each day is compounding in the hours NOT on my feet until I'm waking up in pain at night even taking 2 different pain meds before bed AND a sleep aid.So... yeah... sucks. I could TOTALLY be awesome at this job if I didn't have my back and legs rebelling against me. Retail isn't easy. It's not even a cake walk, which the Food Network folks showed us is ALSO not easy.
In short, it's time to start recruiting... more on that tomorrow or later.
Now... what this blog is ACTUALLY about...
WOOOOOT!!! Now THAT'S more like it. :D
Not many big multi-pulls in this one, either... so it was a good reflection
of the DPS she can pull without flasks but with food and
some strength buffs in the form of old world potions.
And the start of a new "mini" series for this blog only.
Things I've Missed In WoW... perhaps some sarcasm here...
logging in to do a fishing daily and discovering I have inadvertantly interrupted
someone's RP tryst... LMAO
And no, I didn't log or move. Not my problem. LOL
23 October 2016
This is a list of the reasons I left Renaissance:
- I don't like the every-man-for-himself attitude.
- The presented identity of the guild and the reality of the guild are in conflict and this has been the case for five years. Renaissance is not a social guild. It hasn't been a social guild since some of the original founding members returned with the old image and ideals of the guild they'd left and were returning to still firmly in mind. (Something you might not know: Renaissance was originally a raiding guild made up of friends with similar interests. They slowly melted down and one by one left until Okeret was just sort of abandoned with the guild and had to make the choices and decisions that made it into the guild that it is today. Remember that when someone says anything nasty about him... he was a member of a guild that was passed from one person to the next by promoting someone else to GM and then dropping guild and he was chosen because he happened to be online at the time the last GM left. He picked up the responsibility for the guild and rebuilt it and the new face of the guild was what he and the officers and members made of it. Casual and social weren't accidental in the Renaissance that I joined... they were intentional choices made by a membership that didn't include many of the current raiding members or leaders.)
- I hate the structure of the guild and ranks and perks. I don't like having to be an officer just to be able to use my guild bank and the structure of multiple levels and ranks in a guild that is not specifically made to be a progression guild don't make sense. I am particularly turned off by the idea that a guild that calls itself social and casual needs to have a punishment or punitive rank or rules that you have to play in a certain length of time or be kicked from the guild.
- I don't like having to play with people that I don't even like. I am not going to pay to play a game with people I don't want to know anything about or who treat me like they don't want to know me.
- This is a *Casual Adult Social Guild... first and only. We're a guild because we're friends and would rather play together than apart.
- Our identity is VERY clear and floats over our heads and is obvious on our guild page and even in the artwork on our tabards... we are a social guild. There's nothing hardcore here anywhere. We are playing the game to have fun... Yayifications! :D
- This is a flat rank guild. Except for the GM and bank alts we're all the same rank. Once you are a member of the guild you have the same rights and privileges everyone else has. Also the same rules and responsibilities as every other member.
- The only way into the guild is to be friends with a member of the guild... or to be willing to be a recruit until we all have time to figure out if you're compatible and able to become friends with the members of the guild.